INTERNATIONAL BETTA CONGRESS

Hi from Louisiana!

We encourage new members to introduce themselves here. Get to know one another and share your interests.

Moderators: admin, Forum Moderator

Hi from Louisiana!

Postby Alyxx » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:29 am

Hi everyone my name is Claudia. Not a full fledged member yet, but I hope to change that soon. I have a 56 gallon sorority tank with 8 females, a black male hmpk in a planted 10 gallon, and a divided 10 gallon with a male veiltail and a male crowntail. In the next few weeks I plan to start breeding, but I have to get a stand built for my breeding tanks first. My females include a couple run of the mill veils, crowntails, a black/blue halfmoon, a white opaque halfmoon, a Cambodian veiltail, and a couple other more generic looking halfmoons. The first pairing I plan to try is my black male with the black and blue female.
Alyxx
IBC Member

Re: Hi from Louisiana!

Postby Mopargrrl » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:19 am

Hi Claudia, welcome to the forum! :mrgreen:

Sounds like you've got a good start on some breeding stock. There's a lot of different things you can use for stands - I use metro shelving for some (make sure its the heavy duty stuff, not the cheapy stuff they sell at places like Walmart), as well as heavy duty garage shelves. You can actually make very strong stands out of just cinder blocks and 2x4's, provided you live somewhere that doesn't shake as much as California does...
~Christine
IBC Certified Judge
Member of the California Betta Society
Aquabid user: Bulldogbettas
Mopargrrl
Forum Moderator

Postby Claire » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:42 am

Hello and welcome ! Image
Claire
- IBC Certified Judge
- President of the Swiss Betta Club (chapter of IBC)
Claire
Forum Moderator

Postby FishyOwner23 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:27 pm

Hi and welcome to the IBC Family!
**Angelique Vassiliou**
IBC Member/First Coast Bettas of Florida Member/ FLARE! Committee/Marketing Committee,Pintrest Account Moderator
FishyOwner23
IBC Member

Postby Alyxx » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:47 am

It's been a while since I first posted this, but I am back now! My first spawn is a couple months old and growing fast, and hopefully I will have a new pair in the spawning tank this next week! And to make things even better, my boyfriend paid two years of dues in the IBC as a birthday gift! I've been looking into those heavy duty garage shelves, but I haven't found much that I feel safe with. I have some new tanks, and a nice metal double stand for two 20 gallons now. The 40 I plan on using as a growout soon is going to be going on some cinder blocks and 2x4s.
Alyxx
IBC Member

Postby Cecilia » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:51 pm

Hi Claudia,

I enjoyed reading your post and it seems to me that you are already betta motivated. I can remember before I joined the IBC I was already breeding .I might not have had the standards type of fish to work with at the time but I was able to at least I was able to find a male and female that enabled me to breed. I simply fell in love with the fish and the hobby. I then joined the IBC to connect with others who also enjoyed the same hobby as myself and plus I wanted to learn more. The IBC has some wonderful members who are willing to help in any way they can and not too mention there are some great breeders world wide. Together we make it a betta place for everyone to come together !
We hope that you will consider joining the IBC in the near future.
Cecilia Bailey Mallett
VICE PRESIDENT

*Global Forum Moderator
*Webmaster
*Constitution Committee Chair
*First Coast Bettas Of Florida Member
*Aquabid user name: betta_life
Cecilia
IBC Executive Board Member

Return to Introductions