INTERNATIONAL BETTA CONGRESS

Hello!

We encourage new members to introduce themselves here. Get to know one another and share your interests.

Moderators: admin, Forum Moderator

Hello!

Postby 1fish2fish » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:09 pm

Hey everybody! My name is Jackie Hutcherson. A few of you might know me but I've never been very active on the BB so most of you probably do not. I'm 22 years old and currently living in beautiful Savannah, Georgia but will be relocating to my native Northern Virginia at the end of this month. I've been a member of the IBC since 2011 and breeding since 2010. Because I was a full time (aka always broke) student my breeding was intermittent and on a very small scale and I've never shown my fish but hope to in the future. Currently I'm having to take a hiatus from breeding until I get moved and back on my feet. :cry: I do still have some very spoiled pets/retired breeders and will hopefully become involved in a fishy group or two in NoVA to tide me over until I can get back into spawning.

I started with bettas in 2005 with a male VT in a little pre-fab betta kit. I didn't think much of him at first but his personality eventually really caught my attention. He would come out of his cave and say "Hi" and seemed to really enjoy my piano practicing. Well he passed on as they all do and I took my second boy off to college with me and once there the "Betta bug" really hit me. I discovered betta forums and learned just how much beauty and variety there was in this fish and decided I wanted to breed them. I joined the georgia chapter of the IBC ("Georgia Betta Breeders Association") and was fortunate enough to attend their 2010 show and pick up a handful of fish and tried my first spawns. After that I joined the IBC and I've been hooked ever since. I can't wait to get back to breeding full steam and dip my toes in the show aspect :D
1fish2fish
IBC Member

Re: Hello!

Postby Claire » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:14 pm

Hi and Image
Claire
- IBC Certified Judge
- President of the Swiss Betta Club (chapter of IBC)
Claire
Forum Moderator

Postby Mopargrrl » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:57 pm

Hi Jackie! I remember seeing you post a time or two I think. Welcome to the new forum. :mrgreen:
~Christine
IBC Certified Judge
Member of the California Betta Society
Aquabid user: Bulldogbettas
Mopargrrl
Forum Moderator

Postby FishyOwner23 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:51 am

Wow youre into the beyta hobby welcome and hi!
**Angelique Vassiliou**
IBC Member/First Coast Bettas of Florida Member/ FLARE! Committee/Marketing Committee,Pintrest Account Moderator
FishyOwner23
IBC Member

Postby gloriousbettas » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:22 am

Hi, Jackie. Great to hear from you again and see you on the forum. I used to really enjoy driving to the shows in Va. that were hosted by the MOBB group there.

Kendra
IBC Member, IBC Certified Judge, Member of IBC Constitution Committee, Member of IBC Flare Committee, Member of IBC Chapters - GABBA, Midwest Betta Club and First Coast Bettas
gloriousbettas
IBC Member

Postby Cecilia » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:46 am

Hi Jackie and welcome to the forum:)
I can relate with you ,that breeding bettas can be very addicting but also a beautiful hobby to enjoy as well.
If you need anything, give me a shout. I will be bringing all of my stock to the convention.
I am going to take a much needed break for the rest of the year or so I am trying to convince myself.. :lol:
Cecilia Bailey Mallett
VICE PRESIDENT

*Global Forum Moderator
*Webmaster
*Constitution Committee Chair
*First Coast Bettas Of Florida Member
*Aquabid user name: betta_life
Cecilia
IBC Executive Board Member

Postby 1fish2fish » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:06 pm

Thanks for the welcome everybody :)

Kendra.. it's good to hear that MOBB used to do shows. I'm hoping they are still active and if not perhaps I can drum up some people to start a new chapter in the DC area, I know there is a big aquarium society (Potomac Valley Aquarium Society) so hopefully from joining them I can find interested betta people.

Cecilia.. good luck with your break! I've tried and tried to give it up but it's always sucked me back in. I'm hoping to be back in the fold by the end of the year but it depends on if I can convince my roommate to let me set up a fry shelf ;)
1fish2fish
IBC Member

Postby germywa » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:01 pm

Hi Jackie!
Jeremy Waugh

IBC Member, CBS Member
germywa
Forum Moderator

Postby mikeamcbrien » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:37 pm

Hey hey hey!