INTERNATIONAL BETTA CONGRESS

Hello all!

We encourage new members to introduce themselves here. Get to know one another and share your interests.

Moderators: admin, Forum Moderator

Hello all!

Postby Spottedhorse4 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:20 pm

Hi to all my fellow addicts! My name is Amy; I was a member back in the 90's and tried my hand at breeding melanos and yellows. I had terrible luck with the melanos and scrapped the line (I didn't know females were infertile then). The yellows didn't have the intensity that I wanted, so I stopped with them as well. Since then I have just kept a betta or two around the house as well as several freshwater tanks and a reef tank. I recently went to a pet store and purchased a gorgeous forest green and white marble double-tail, and I wanted to look into breeding again. I had no idea what strains had been developed since I was out of it- wow! The kois, marbles, and plakats especially caught my attention. Now I am back to my old habits; spawn set-ups, numerous ideas on different lines, and plans for more tanks. Oh & several more bettas than before, including DT, plakats, and HM. My only regret is that it took so long to get back into breeding the fish & being a member again. Better late than never, though! :)
Spottedhorse4
Forum Member

Return to Introductions