INTERNATIONAL BETTA CONGRESS

Fish Food

Chat about bettas, the IBC, or whatever fish-related subjects come to mind.

Moderators: admin, Forum Moderator

Fish Food

Postby RLINDSASR » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:33 pm

What would be the best fish food to feed your bettas, besides live food, that's either homemade recipes or store bought brands. I'll use live to get them in breeding condition, but what after do all of you use, thanks, rich?
RLINDSASR
IBC Member

Re: Fish Food

Postby Lisachromis » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:19 pm

Everyone seems to use something a little different. I guess what you need to work out is what is best available for you, that you can afford to feed your fish. I find that as long as it's a varied diet, the fish do well for general care.
Lisachromis
IBC Member

Postby 1fish2fish » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:48 pm

Right now I'm feeding my fish a mix of atison's (the regular blue lid) and New Life Spectrum Betta formula for maintenance. My females are in a community tank so they get fed Omega One Flakes and occasionally Repashy Meat Pie. When I'm conditioning for breeding I usually mix in some frozen foods and live if I have any on hand.
1fish2fish
IBC Member

Postby Mopargrrl » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:35 am

Any good quality fish food works well for bettas, they don't tend to be picky. New Life Spectrum and Omega brands are two good ones that are usually pretty easy to find. I feed Atison's Betta Pro since I have a stockpile from before it was discontinued. I'm also experimenting with freeze dried blackworms (NOT bloodworms, which I'm violently allergic to) from Ken's Fish right now, and all my bettas seem to love them.
~Christine
IBC Certified Judge
Member of the California Betta Society
Aquabid user: Bulldogbettas
Mopargrrl
Forum Moderator

Return to General Chatter