INTERNATIONAL BETTA CONGRESS

Interested in a Waldorf MD area club

Looking for an IBC Chapter? Does your local Fish club have 5 or more active IBC Members? Find out how to become an Official IBC Chapter!

Moderators: admin, Forum Moderator

Interested in a Waldorf MD area club

Postby FishyOwner23 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:22 am

Hello all I know I'm super new to the IBC but I am interested in starting a Betta Club in Waldorf MD. I have yet to see a club near that area and I am wondering how many would join if I started one. Please let me know on here and also long standing club owners and betta IBC members please let me know what you think. I need all the help possible.

I have been wanting a well established Betta Club for a long while now within my area but I wish to have the support of those that have done this before and that would be interested in a Waldorf Maryland club. I would need 4 IBC Members for this. Please let me know as I would really like to do this.
**Angelique Vassiliou**
IBC Member/First Coast Bettas of Florida Member/ FLARE! Committee/Marketing Committee,Pintrest Account Moderator
FishyOwner23
IBC Member

Re: Interested in a Waldorf MD area club

Postby FishyOwner23 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:43 pm

Hi all I've gotten two responses for a chapter in Waldorf MD, however one of the IBC Members can only meet with us 4 times a year should I wait for another response or try to set up a chapter with three of us even though one member would meet with us 4 times a year?
**Angelique Vassiliou**
IBC Member/First Coast Bettas of Florida Member/ FLARE! Committee/Marketing Committee,Pintrest Account Moderator
FishyOwner23
IBC Member

Postby Mopargrrl » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:08 am

The only requirement for a chapter is that you have 3 members who are current IBC members. How often you meet is totally up to you. Some clubs conduct all their business online. Just be sure whoever you designate as the email contact is active so that Jack can get a hold of you to let you know when the IBC gets a new member who is near your chapter.

You can still do plenty of stuff only meeting a couple times a year. You can do a group aquabid buy and save on shipping fees by having the fish go to one member then meeting up to share the fish. Or just sharing your own fry, or meeting at a larger aquarium society's meeting to see if there are more betta people around to join you. And you can also make plans to visit IBC shows in your area, although I think the CT chapter is the only one currently holding shows. You've got the Pennsylvania club that just formed nearby too, maybe you can hook up with them for some betta fun. :)
~Christine
IBC Certified Judge
Member of the California Betta Society
Aquabid user: Bulldogbettas
Mopargrrl
Forum Moderator

Postby FishyOwner23 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:58 pm

Oh wow well this is interesting so I can have an IBC Chapter and just have a few meetings a year and conduct everything else through e-mails and a website and perhaps a facebook group? Let me know because I think this has given me an idea.
**Angelique Vassiliou**
FishyOwner23
IBC Member

Return to IBC Chapter Information