INTERNATIONAL BETTA CONGRESS

Sabrina from Switzerland, now in LA

We encourage new members to introduce themselves here. Get to know one another and share your interests.

Moderators: admin, Forum Moderator

Sabrina from Switzerland, now in LA

Postby disabrina » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:56 pm

Hi everyone :)

I'm Sabrina and I'm a Bettaholic... oops, wrong group! Or not? haha

Anyways, I got my first betta from Straits Aquariums (Singapore) in December 2004, when I was 12 years old, had my first spawn in February 2005, visited and helped out at my first Betta Show in April 2005, got my first prizes at my second betta show (the first one I brought fish to) in April or May 2006, became an IBC Judge for Area 2 in 2010 and got internationally certified in June 2011.

I was actively breeding until 2010, then moved to LA for 3 months in January 2011 to check out an acting school after I had graduated from high school, loved it so much that I had to come back and have been in LA on and off since then, going to acting school (Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute) and working on my acting and modeling career therefore not having the chance to continue breeding for the moment, but still attending any shows fairly close by to judge whenever I get the chance to.

I'm also on the JBoard since January, representing Area 2 (Europe).

My other passion is my little Poodle boy, Cookie, who finally lives here in LA with me and comes wherever I can take him and loves learning new tricks etc.

Thanks to my parents I have had several chances to go and visit betta farms and markets and go betta fishing/catching all over South East Asia, mainly in Thailand and Singapore but also for a day in Indonesia. I really enjoyed those experiences and feel they helped me a lot in understanding more about betta and the hobby in general, as well as broadening my horizon about how people live, survive and have their hobbies in very different parts of the world.

We originally started out with Chinese Goldfish, which we still love a lot and have several large tanks with at home. We also visited Goldfish farms in China, Singapore and Israel, which was an entirely different experience to betta farms.

I'm really glad we finally have a "real" IBC forum up and running!
Best regards
Sabrina
disabrina
IBC Judging Board Member

Re: Sabrina from Switzerland, now in LA

Postby herpchat » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:35 am

Howdy Sabrina!

Its been a while since we last saw you. We were hoping you would make it to Convention again!

We have also been following your modeling/acting career and you are doing quite well for yourself.

Hope you enjoy the states and can make it to the next Convention!
President of the International Betta Congress
IBC Certified Judge
Committee Chair SMP, Education, CCP
Member Flare, Web
President SCUBA, OBBA, OKAA-Tulsa
Member OBBA, LSB, StLBS, ABH, OKAA, ALFA
Nationally known Speaker at Fish Events
herpchat
IBC Executive Board Member

Postby Claire » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:51 pm

Welcome to the forum Sabrina !!!
Give a kiss to Cookie for me. Image
Claire
- IBC Certified Judge
- President of the Swiss Betta Club (chapter of IBC)
Claire
Forum Moderator

Postby Mopargrrl » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:34 am

Hi Sabrina! It was good to see you again at the GSB show. You need to time your modeling shoots so you end up in San Francisco when CBS is having a show too! ;)
~Christine
IBC Certified Judge
Member of the California Betta Society
Aquabid user: Bulldogbettas
Mopargrrl
Forum Moderator

Return to Introductions