INTERNATIONAL BETTA CONGRESS

Hello from Portland, OR

We encourage new members to introduce themselves here. Get to know one another and share your interests.

Moderators: admin, Forum Moderator

Hello from Portland, OR

Postby ctongsak » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:39 pm

Hello,

I am Chak Tongsak. I have just joined IBC this year as family member. I live in Portland, Oregon. The story: In 2011, my youngest daughter really wanted to have a puppy. We knew caring for puppy would be too much for us. So we made a deal for a smaller pet as a start. We then ended up getting 2 male HM bettas from Petco. After that 2, we were eager to get better quality and better color bettas so we decided to order directly from a Thai breeder for 3 pairs of HM. My daugther and I started breeding several HM pairs and we got many beautiful fry and grown up bettas from those pairs. We ordered few more HMPK pairs after that. We had been breeding successfully only HM bettas so far. We are currently working on 2 lines - (1) Pure Opague White OHM and OHMPK line and (2) Pure Dark Copper OHM.

Since I joined IBC, I have known several people and honestly each and every one of them has been very helpful. I am so glad that IBC has this forum set up so we can help each other and bring us closer no matter where we are.

BTW, the 2 male HM bettas from Petco are still with us and still healthy. My youngest dauther is still enjoying raising and breeding bettas with me. My wife and my oldest daughter are also helping out (since we have quite a number of bettas now)... so now it is a truly family hobby.

Also, I can read, speak, and write Thai fluently. I also know several good Thai betta breeders whom I get bettas from. In case you need help in getting your right bettas or needing help to communicate with your Thai breeder, I would be happy to help.

Thank you!
ctongsak
IBC Member

Re: Hello from Portland, OR

Postby Cecilia » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:58 am

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the IBC :)
Cecilia Bailey Mallett
VICE PRESIDENT

*Global Forum Moderator
*Webmaster
*Constitution Committee Chair
*First Coast Bettas Of Florida Member
*Aquabid user name: betta_life
Cecilia
IBC Executive Board Member

Postby gloriousbettas » Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:33 am

Welcome to the IBC.
IBC Member, IBC Certified Judge, Member of IBC Constitution Committee, Member of IBC Flare Committee, Member of IBC Chapters - GABBA, Midwest Betta Club and First Coast Bettas
gloriousbettas
IBC Member

Postby Mopargrrl » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:07 am

The first IBC show I ever went to was in Portland. I'd love to see an active chapter up in the Pacific Northwest again.

Welcome to the forum!
~Christine
IBC Certified Judge
Member of the California Betta Society
Aquabid user: Bulldogbettas
Mopargrrl
Forum Moderator

Postby mikeamcbrien » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:38 pm

Welcome to the Boards - Super glad to have someone who can be fluent in both English and Thai, I dont know how well your Thai is, but if english isn't your primary language - it''s fantastic.

Thanks for the background, we would love to see some photos of your fish!
Co-Founder - http://bettasource.com
IBC Member | IBC FLARE! Committee Member
mikeamcbrien
IBC Member

Postby FishyOwner23 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:51 pm

Welcome to the Forums and the IBC this is a great organization to be part of we are glad you joined.
**Angelique Vassiliou**
IBC Member/First Coast Bettas of Florida Member/ FLARE! Committee/Marketing Committee,Pintrest Account Moderator
FishyOwner23
IBC Member

Return to Introductions