INTERNATIONAL BETTA CONGRESS

Hello from Pasadena California

We encourage new members to introduce themselves here. Get to know one another and share your interests.

Moderators: admin, Forum Moderator

Hello from Pasadena California

Postby BioWorkZ » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:21 am

Hello everyone. I'm Ben Kwok, from Pasadena California. I was a betta breeder back in my junior high days (over a decade ago). Made tons of mistakes along the way. I eventually had a successful spawn and ended up with 100s of fishes. It's been over a decade since I had bettas and I recently got bitten by the betta bug again. I was really blown away at how much betta breeding has evolved. The quality and variations are amazing. The amount of info, the people, the beautiful bettas are a bit overwhelming. I guess that's why I'm here. Would love to get several pairs of HMPKs to start breeding again. Thanks for reading. :D
BioWorkZ
Forum Member

Re: Hello from Pasadena California

Postby Mopargrrl » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:35 pm

Hi Ben,

Welcome to the IBC forum!

There's a IBC show happening in Long Beach on March 22, 2014. Check out your local club, Golden State Bettas, on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/404371443000250/

There will be an auction after the show with lots of great bettas available.
~Christine
IBC Certified Judge
Member of the California Betta Society
Aquabid user: Bulldogbettas
Mopargrrl
Forum Moderator

Postby BioWorkZ » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:24 pm

I'll be there with a wad of cash!!! I've already join the group on facebook. I'm on top of it because I'm obsessive. :)
BioWorkZ
Forum Member

Postby mruttle » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:54 pm

Welcome to the group!

I am also a fan of the shorter fined bettas. What colours have caught your eye?

Morgan
mruttle
IBC Member

Postby Reesebetta » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:47 am

Hi Ben!
You too, huh? I got hooked as a kid and lucked into some top IBC competitive breeders as mentors, so learned to have a discerning eye for a good fish.
You really nailed it when you say things have come a long way since we were kids. The closest think to a plakat then were wild type Bettas. The other thing that blows me away are the amount of fin some of today's females are carrying. Without an ovipositor they are hard to tell from the males!
I am partial to HMs and OHMs, butterfly, bicolor, and koi patterns. The metallics are new to me as well.
I still love the rich red and orange solids too.
Enjoy the flare!
Heather
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Reesebetta
IBC Member

Return to Introductions