INTERNATIONAL BETTA CONGRESS

New Member, KCMO

We encourage new members to introduce themselves here. Get to know one another and share your interests.

Moderators: admin, Forum Moderator

New Member, KCMO

Postby Cowgrl4life » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:25 am

I just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. I've kept bettas since I was a kid, although they were always the petstore variety. When I was in highschool I tried desperately to breed my bettas but failed over and over again until I gave it up. Years later I got it in my head to try again (with much more fishy knowledge). I now have two spawns under my belt and have many more in the plans. I recently purchased a "wholesale lot" of bettas from a breeder looking to clear some things out. I probably bought 50 young bettas getting close to spawning age. I also purchased two males that were supposedly bred by a Kelson Say?
I keep other types of fish as well and am an elected officer in the Heart of America Aquarium Society (HAAS). Among my other fish live a colony of Frontosas, and several species of Goodeids.
Cowgrl4life
Forum Member

Re: New Member, KCMO

Postby _Fried_Bettas_ » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:19 am

Hi there, I'm a bit new here too, but I saw you were from KC. I lived there during the 90s, and miss the place, although not so much this time of year. I remember the first time I saw a cop car with KCMO on the side I thought it was security for a radio station. Good luck with your babies.
_Fried_Bettas_
IBC Member

Return to Introductions