INTERNATIONAL BETTA CONGRESS

Hello from the Eastern Seaboard USofA

We encourage new members to introduce themselves here. Get to know one another and share your interests.

Moderators: admin, Forum Moderator

Hello from the Eastern Seaboard USofA

Postby Serqet » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:26 pm

I never know what to say in these things... they make me feel really awkward :D so... a little about myself. Professionally, I'm a jack-of-all-trades and master of several lol. My first Betta was a red veil tail that I found at a garage sale back in the early 1980's. He looked so sad and near death's door, sitting at the bottom of a glass of water in the hot midwest august sun that I brow beat his owner into selling him to me for a nickle. I took him home and dumped him into my angel tank... amazing that I didn't kill the poor little thing. "Chief" recovered and was soon running my angels ragged; whatever that little Betta wanted he got. He stayed with me for three years before taking the long swim. He was my first and most certainly not my last. Every tropical aquarium I've had since has hosted a Betta. Each of them the King of the tank.

Just recently, I decided to step into the world of serious Betta-loving and have found myself here. I'm hoping to learn how to show and breed responsibly since I think Bettas are the greatest fish on the planet. Looking forward to meeting everyone, learning tons of good stuff and possibly seeing you all at a show or three!!!
Serqet
Forum Member

Re: Hello from the Eastern Seaboard USofA

Postby Claire » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:50 am

I decided to step into the world of serious Betta-loving and have found myself here.
Good idea !
Claire
- IBC Certified Judge
- President of the Swiss Betta Club (chapter of IBC)
Claire
Forum Moderator

Re: Hello from the Eastern Seaboard USofA

Postby Cecilia » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:40 pm

Welcome to the IBC!

I am from St. Augustine Florida and with the First Coast Betta`s Chapter.
If you should need anything let us know ,we have a great group of members here.
Cecilia Bailey Mallett
VICE PRESIDENT

*Global Forum Moderator
*Sales Chair/Webmaster
*Constitution Committee Chair
*First Coast Bettas Of Florida Member
[color=#FF8000]
Aquabid user name: betta_life
Cecilia
IBC Executive Board Member

Return to Introductions