INTERNATIONAL BETTA CONGRESS

New Breeder in WA

We encourage new members to introduce themselves here. Get to know one another and share your interests.

Moderators: admin, Forum Moderator

New Breeder in WA

Postby Blixti » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:49 am

Hi!

I'm obviously just getting into this breeding business, and so far I love it! I'm a biology major and I found that this is both fun and a great opportunity to learn first hand what I've been studying in class.

That being said however, even as recently as two weeks ago I had no intention of starting this hobby. I bought a 'King' Betta from Petco, affectionately named Rex, just to add some life to my office, and I noticed though that he would incessantly build bubble nests.

I thought it was scum at first and scooped it out, but by that evening it would be back. Obviously long story short I looked up what was happening and discovered what he was doing, and after reading up on Betta breeding a bit I decided that I had to try it! Now I have the beginnings of a breeding facility, one female tank with 3 females, a spawn / grow tank, and 2 males (including Rex).

Because the selection of females was less than desirable I had to pick ones that are a little young, so I think I'm going to give them another month before I try my first spawn.

Anyways, it's nice to meet you all! And if you have any advice I would GREATLY appreciate it. Thanks!
Blixti
Forum Member

Re: New Breeder in WA

Postby Cecilia » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:02 pm

Hi and welcome!!!

Loved the photo and your story. This hobby can be very addictive but in a good way!!
Keep us posted on your spawn and let us know if you should have any questions.

Good luck and by love the name Rex you chose for your betta.
Cecilia Bailey Mallett
VICE PRESIDENT

*Global Forum Moderator
*Webmaster
*Constitution Committee Chair
*First Coast Bettas Of Florida Member
*Aquabid user name: betta_life
Cecilia
IBC Executive Board Member

Return to Introductions