INTERNATIONAL BETTA CONGRESS

Enabling reply notifications by default.

Chat about bettas, the IBC, or whatever fish-related subjects come to mind.

Moderators: admin, Forum Moderator

Enabling reply notifications by default.

Postby mikeamcbrien » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:50 pm

I always find it handy to get an e-mail whenever a topic I post on gets a reply, you can set the board to do this on a topic by topic basis, or you can change your settings to allow it by default.

To enable this setting please click "User Control Panel" at the top and then navigate to "Board Preferences > Enabled Posting Defaults " and select "Notify me upon topic replies by default".

Screen Shot 2013-03-25 at 9.49.40 AM.png

I hope this helps keep the conversation moving for those who enable the feature.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Co-Founder - http://bettasource.com
IBC Member | IBC FLARE! Committee Member
mikeamcbrien
IBC Member

Re: Enabling reply notifications by default.

Postby Mopargrrl » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:41 pm

Also, if you want to be notified by email anytime a post is made in a particular subforum (for instance, this "General Chatter" section), there is a button on the bottom left when you first navigate into a subforum that says "Subscribe". Click that, and it'll let you know that you will now be notified anytime anyone posts in that section. Click "Unsubscribe" to stop getting notifications.

This also works for single topics in the same manner.
~Christine
IBC Executive Board Member-at-large, IBC Judging Board Liaison & Registrar, IBC Certified Judge
Member of the California Betta Society
Aquabid user: Bulldogbettas
Mopargrrl
Forum Moderator

Return to General Chatter